I have been following The Snap Mom for a little over a year I think. What an honor it is to be asked to write an article. Pretty awesome if you ask me.
Everyone wants a day off once in a while, right? I made that simple comment on Facebook a few weeks ago. Very simply stated: “I want a day off”
My first response was from a really good friend.
His reply? “Day off from what!!!?? LMAO!!”
Really? From what? “I need a day off from the stereotype” is what my reply should have been. Instead I chose some hasty words that I quickly deleted. He will know soon enough…. He has 3 of his own now too. His youngest are twins born premature. He will be doing some SAHD days soon. But not full-time like I do.
Here are some confessions I would like to share and I hope you find… entertaining? 😉
20 Confessions of a SAHD…
- Watching my wife leave for the day is probably the hardest part of the day. Without talking about it, I know she wishes she could stay at home instead of me.
- It is an amazing opportunity to watch our kids grow before my eyes. An opportunity a lot of dads miss out on.
- I cry a lot… Am I parenting the right way? Am I screwing them up or am I doing a good job? I never know until my daughter is polite to strangers and they see the little lady that shines through.
- How did he get poop on his knee… now his ankle… and bellybutton!?!!!
- It is harder than one would think… to wipe poop off of testicles. Lots of little wrinkles down there.
- I have yet to be peed on by our son. Both girls have sprayed me though.
- Getting spit up out of your beard is tougher than I thought.
- I hate sucker punching myself in the face trying to pull a nipple through a bottle ring. Happens weekly.
- I like co-sleeping more than I thought I would.
- After our son was born, my wife and I slept in different rooms for about 6 months. We did it to keep the baby waking up our girls.
- Making whoopee is easier and more inventive when you’re co-sleeping. It leaves the rest of the house to explore.
- Taking care of three kids 4 years old and younger is stressful. It has many challenges. Like cloth diapering the youngest two at the same time. One poops. Two poops.
- I want to scream a lot.
- I feel as though my voice goes unheard unless I speak sternly.
- I am not afraid to walk around in sandals with pink toenails. I prefer the manly colors when my daughters paint them… but she looks so cute asking to paint them pink. That’s right pink toenails and full beard. Are you judging me? 🙂
- I bought blue nail polish today.
- I text bomb my hardworking wife at work way more than I should (I shouldn’t at all).
- I love being a stay at home dad.
- I am not lazy. Our house is always a mess because we LIVE and PLAY here.
- I could not do it without being married to my best friend and getting her love and support daily. We are coming up on 7 years in November!
About the author
Husband to Sarah and father to 3 beautiful children; Lilliana (4), Cayce is (20 months) and Kayden (7 months)