When I found this article here, I was so blown away by these mom-hacks that I COULD NOT resist sharing them with you! The mom gig is hard sometimes, so why not make life a little easier on ourselves?! I think my favorite is number 13! Check it out!
32 Mom-Hacks That Will Change Your Life!
1. Bathe your child in a laundry basket so that their toys don’t float away.
2. Avoid committing a gender faux pas with other parents.
Lean down and ask the baby his or her name. The parent will answer for them (if they can’t talk yet).
3. Save your old cell phones and let your kids use them as play cameras.
Maybe you’ve got the next Juergen Teller on your hands.
4. Punish your kids when they’re fighting.
6. If your kids have bad handwriting, make them spend some time on the monkey bars.
Read more about why certain activities can help strengthen the upper body and the fine motor skills that can lead to better handwriting.
7. Invest in a good pair of cargo pants.
Since you stopped caring about fashion the second that baby popped out of you, it’s time to start wearing cargo pants every day, preferably a pair with many pockets. Keep wipes, diapers, plastic bags, and bottles in there.
8. Put sprinkles on everything.
They’ll turn any healthy smoothie or juice into a fun-filled endeavor.
Here’s a recipe for homemade rainbow sprinkles that are free of food coloring and corn syrup.
9. Need a place to put your kid?
Make a hammock with a blanket or moby wrap tied around a table.
10. Make an incredibly easy play fort with a box fan.
Get the directions here.
11. Trace your kids’ feet so you can go shoe shopping without having to drag them along.
It’ll also let you take advantage of any shoe sales you happen to stumble upon.
12. Finally tell your twins apart with this romper set.
13. Put your kids to work by turning chores into a fun game.
They’ll never know the difference!
14. Use a barrette to fix your little girl’s too-loose tank top.
15. If your kids are scared of monsters, make monster spray.
Squirt under the bed, in the closet. Everybody can go back to sleep now.
16. Stick a Command hook on the back of a high chair to hold bibs.
17. Teach your child to hold a pencil the right way with a wad of Kleenex.
18. Repurpose a pool noodle to become a toddler-proof door stopper.
Keep your toddler from slamming doors, getting locked out, and from getting woken up by closing doors. Get more info here.
19. Use maxi pads to extend diapers for a potty-training child.
Does your kid wake up with soaked jammies? Stick a heavy absorbent overnight maxi pad into their diaper.
Alternatively, moms can actually tear off the sides, front, and back of a diaper to create an emergency maxi pad.
21. Use glue and glitter to make “tooth fairy money.”
22. Have your child sit on a stability ball while doing homework — it’ll help with their concentration.
This works for adults, too, ya know!
23. Freeze a pacifier in an ice cube tray with juice, milk, formula, or water to sooth a teething baby’s gums.
24. Cut a hole in the tip of a pacifier and stick a dropper through it to administer medicine.
Your kid will be less likely to give you trouble.
25. Put the iPad in “Kid Mode.”
This feature (only available is iOS6) locks the application and disables any hardware controls that could lead your toddler on a wayward path. Learn how to turn it on here.
26. Install a baby-gate using heavy-duty cable ties instead of nailing into the banister.
27. Those zip ties also make impromptu ponytail holders.
28. Transform a DVD case into a travel art kit.
29. Use a shoe caddy to store games and snacks on a long road trip.
30. Fill a glove with pearled barley or beans, give a few pats with it, and then slip away stealthily into the night.
Just make sure you sew the glove shut so the filling doesn’t slip out and turn into a choking hazard.
31. Turn an old lotion bottle into a faucet extender so the little ones can reach.
32. Put temporary tattoos on your kids in case they get lost.
These are by a company called Tottoos.