So I don’t know about your baby, but mine can put down some puffs! The organic ones are a little pricey so why not make your own?! What I love about making food for my baby as opposed to buying it pre-made, is that I know exactly what is going into her belly! This recipe is certainly baby approved! My baby can’t convey her inner thoughts quite yet, but her face said it all! “Yummmy momma!!”
DIY Baby Puffs
- 1 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 2 Egg Yolks (for egg substitution, see below)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh kale
- 1/2 cup organic brown rice cereal
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- Playdough confetti maker (optional but suggested if you plan on making these a lot)
- Food Processor
- Blend all ingredients in food processor
- Add enough water for the ingredients to come together
- Load the confetti maker, or add 1/4 teaspoon to your palm, roll and place on tray. Repeat with the rest.
- Bake at 350 for 10 min, or until crispy
Take pictures of your baby eating them and #thesnapmom!
Click here for a Kale Chips Recipe
If you are not the DIY type, here is a great option!
Organic Kale Puffs
Egg Substitution Recipe
- 1 T ground flax seed
- 3T water [per egg]
Stir with a fork and let sit in fridge for at least 15 minutes before using in place of an egg
Sidenote: I use my coffee grinder to grind the flax seed
(Thank you Lisa B for this Egg Sub Recipe)