Easy to make & even easier to eat! -Krystle K
DIY Blueberry-Lemon Gelato
- 5 egg yolks (tip: refrigerate/freeze the egg white for a meringue on your next pie)
- 1/2 c. raw sugar or honey
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 c. whole milk (nutritionally organic is better, raw is best)
- 2 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 lemon
- In a saucepan, combine milk & salt. While stirring occasionally, heat until it just starts to bubble.
- Using a hand mixer, blend egg yolks & sugar till creamy and well blended. Add blueberries and blend to desired consistency.
- Just when milk starts to bubble, remove from heat, add vanilla & let cool for 5 minutes, then slowly add to egg yolk/blueberry mixture.
- Add the juice & zest of one lemon.
- Mix till well blended, then pour into an ice cream maker
- Proceed to devour (preferably hidden from the kids. Well, okay you can give them a little bit I guess;)
(photo and recipe courtesy of www.weedemandreap.com)