This is an easy-peasy DIY holiday project for you and the kids and will look beautiful on the Christmas tree!
DIY Handprint Ornaments
- 1/2 c Sea Salt
- 1/2 c Flour
- 1/4 c Water
- 1 Straw
- Food Dye
- Heat oven to 300 degrees
- Mix: 1/2 cup salt (sea salt for better texture) with 1/2 cup flour & 1/4 cup luke warm water
- Knead the dough for 5-10 minutes until smooth, roll the dough on parchment paper (sprinkled with flour) until dough is about 1/4 inch thick
- Place child’s hand on dough & imprint it (You may have to press harder for babies)
- Use cookie cutter or large round glass to cut dough
- Use a straw to puncture hole for placing ribbon
- Bake in oven for 1-2 hours (depending on thickness of ornament) until dough is dry and hard
- You can use acrylic paint to decorate afterwards or you can also add food dye after all ingredients are mixed and before rolling out dough.
*Special thanks to Kelli Melton for this DIY Project
Want a food dye that does not contain artificial ingredients?
Try India Tree Gourmet Spices & Specialties made from concentrated vegetable colorants!
Check out this safe, not-toxic Badger paint made from organic pigments!
Not the DIY type? Get this Child to Cherish Clay Handprint Ornament KIT