Healthy & delicious!
By Amanda Birge | Guest Writer for The Snap Mom
Your entire family will enjoy these muffins – picky toddlers and skeptical husbands alike! Whether for breakfast or an after-dinner snack, you’re able to enjoy these while knowing you’re getting in a serving of spinach! I have a 1-year-old son, and I’m always looking for new ways to “sneak” in the greens. He LOVED the muffins! My husband, who hates spinach, ate them for “dessert.”
Makes 15 muffins
- 1-10 oz bag of frozen spinach or 2 cups fresh spinach, pureed
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of oil (coconut, melted butter, or vegetable)
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
· Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and grease muffin tins (I use coconut oil here too).
· Puree spinach if not already done (steam/boil first, add to blender/food processer)
· Mix wet ingredients to puree: eggs, oil, applesauce
· In a separate bowl, mix dry: flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
· Add the wet to the dry, and combine thoroughly
· Fill muffin tins 2/3 full
· Bake for 20 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean)
These are our new healthy anytime “go to.” Eat your veggies!