This is an excellent recipe for Natural Toothpaste! Its easy, effective and CHEAP!“Why natural toothpaste? Most brands contain Fluoride, a toxic chemical that has not actually been shown to reduce tooth decay, and certainly not at the rate that a diet low in phytic acid can. Fluoride also has been linked to thyroid damage and hosts of other problems. Even store bought natural toothpastes often contain sulfites or sulfates (especially sodium lauryl suphate) or glycerin, which some claim coats teeth and keeps them from remineralizing.” –Wellness Mama
- About 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2-3 Tablespoons of baking soda
- 2 small packets of stevia powder
- 15-20 drops of peppermint or cinnamon essential oil
- 10 drops Grapefruit Seed Extract (optional)
- 10 drops myrhh extract (optional)
- Melt or slightly soften coconut oil.
- Mix in other ingredients and stir well. If using semi-hard coconut oil, use a fork, if not, use a spoon. If you are using completely melted coconut oil, you will need to stir several times while the mixture cools to keep the baking soda incorporated.
- Put mixture into small glass jar (I make different ones for each family member)
- Let cool completely.
dip wood toothbrush in and scrape small amount onto bristles. Could also use a small spoon to put on toothbrush.