Epsom Salt is a crunchy item everyone can benefit from!
Dr. Campbell McBride, the creator of the Gut And Psychology Syndrome (GAPS) protocol for brain and digestive issues, was adamant that one should use nightly baths some with Epsom Salts to help detoxify.
My hands-down favorite use for ES is for the bath! When my kids are cranky its the FIRST thing I do. Because sulfate and magnesium are easily absorbed through the skin, bathing in it is a quick way to benefit from its healing properties.
- Eases stress, anxiety and relaxes the body
- Relieves inflammation pain and muscle cramps
- Makes insulin more effective
- Helps muscles and nerves function properly
- Helps prevent hardening of arteries and blood clots
- Relieves constipation (ES is an FDA approved laxative and certain brands can be ingested)
- Eliminates toxins from the body
You can also use Epsom Salt as an exfoliant on your face, treatment for Athlete’s Foot, soothe sprains and bruises, use it as a cleaning agent on your tiles, insecticide spray, fertilize your plants and spray on your lawn to keep it green!