Whatever side of the fence you are on in the great vaccine debate, or even if you are sitting right on the fence – it’s important to be aware of the option to detox yourself or your children after vaccines.
Why detox after vaccines?
Before the age of 6, children will get close to 50 doses of 16 vaccines if following the CDC’s schedule. Once you get an idea of the ingredients (formaldehyde, mercury, aluminum, aborted fetal and animal tissues, cetyltrimethylammonium bromide, MSG, 2-Phenoxyethoanol, and polysorbate 80, etc.) you can see why the body could use some help in detoxifying. These substances are not easily eliminated from the body, especially in children under 2, whose kidneys, liver, and immune systems are not fully developed.
“It’s important to support detoxification pathways on a regular basis after exposure to anything foreign to the body. The kidneys, liver, skin, and as the lymph all play roles in detoxification. Children have immature pathways and are more sensitive to toxins due to the rapid rate of growth development and reproduction of cells” –Dr. Deanine Picciano AP, LMT
Below is a list of gentle and safe ways to detox from the potentially harmful ingredients in vaccines. You can expect a “healing crisis,” where you or your child may get flu-like symptoms. This is the body working hard to flush out the toxins). If dealing with specific side effects from vaccines (high fevers, joint pain, non-stop crying, high pitched screaming, breathing issues, eczema, asthma, seizures or neurological issues), establish care with a Naturopathic Physician or Functional Medicine Doctor for further evaluation and treatment.
Treatment for post vaccination
Do NOT use acetaminophen or ibuprofen (Tylenol or Motrin). These fever reducers suppress the body’s ability to fight off the virus and lower the immune system. You don’t want any adverse reaction to be masked by drugs. Bacterial and viral proteins die off at different temperatures, bacteria at below 104 degrees Fahrenheit (usually 100.4 –103.1) and viruses at over 104 degrees Fahrenheit, usually 105-105.8).
*A child who is less than 8 weeks old and has a fever of 100.4 degrees or higher should be seen by a physician immediately.
Natural fever reducers:
- GOOT: Garlic Olive Oil Treatment (Click HERE to watch our DIY video on GOOT). Put paste on the bottom of the feet, and cover with socks.
- Tepid baths are a great fast way to help bring down a child’s fever. Not cold but cool.
- Calcium Lactate: Calcium Lactate actually helps make the fever more effective. Fevers draw calcium out of the body and cause that “achey” feeling. Using this will help the fever progress through your body more quickly.
- Homeopathy – Belladonna, Ferrum Phos, & Aconite Pulsatilla are 3 of the most common and successful homeopathic remedies used for fevers.
- Wet Sock Treatment: Hydrotherapy increases blood flow and stimulates immune system.
- Organic Decaf Peppermint Tea: I let it chill, dilute it, and give it in a sippy cup. It is also great to add to a tepid bath.
- Essential Oils : Lavender, thyme, rosemary, eucalyptus, and sage essential oils provide comfort when treating fevers. They are also known to help support the work of the immune system to support the body’s natural defenses. For example, apply a few drops of lavender essential oils in cool water and soak a washcloth in the solution to wipe a child’s forehead for a cooling, relaxing effect. To read about essential oil safety for children, click HERE.
- Arnica Tablets: Taken orally, arnica relieves pain, bruising, and muscle soreness (before and after shots)
- Calendula Cream: Calendula has antibacterial and immunostimulant properties that are perfect for cuts, scraps, burns, and irritated skin
Adverse reactions such as non-stop crying or high-pitched screaming can be signs of a severe migraine post-vaccination. In this case, it is recommended to do the following:
- notify your doctor
- use homeopathic Thuja
- administer Fermented Cod Liver Oil
- find a quiet, dark room to avoid further stimulation
- massage diluted lavender oil into the greater occipital nerve (the area in the back of the head, at the base of the skull)
*If you are wanting to avoid vaccines altogether: Vaccine exemptions
*To report an adverse vaccine reaction: vaers.hhs.gov
Tips for selective vaccination
1. Spread them out to only 1 individual vaccine (not combination shots) as this will help you to monitor for possible reactions and cut down on the amount of adjuvants your baby will be exposed to. This will also allow the body to build immunity to 1 vaccine at a time. Combination vaccines were developed to reduce the number of vaccines infants receive, but it appears to provide less immunity than the vaccines administered individually, according to a study in the April 13 issue of JAMA.
2.Wait until at LEAST 8 months. This study implies babies can’t make antibodies of their own until then. They rely on mom’s (passed on from the placenta).
3. Better yet, by waiting until between 2 and 3 years old, you can significantly reduce the amount of vaccines your child receives because they don’t need boosters (because their immune systems functions on its own- see point #2), and more importantly the blood/brain barrier (BBB) will be developed. Teething produces histamines, which are a neurotransmitter that causes consistent BBB opening, giving vaccine neurotoxins direct access to baby’s brain. Most babies are done teething by the age of 3.
4. All parents should read in detail about the diseases on the CDC Pinkbook: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/index.html
Detoxing after vaccines
- Nosode Therapy– administered by a homeopathic Dr.,”a nosode is prepared from a viral or bacterial culture. It carries the molecular imprint of the pathogenic agent. When prepared according to homeopathic procedures, the remedy is free of toxins. This can be taken to protect against post-vaccination reaction without interfering with the principle of the vaccine.”
- Homeopathy (safe for newborns)– Thuja, & Mercurius Solubilis, Hylands Vit C, Colic tablets and Chamomilla
- Vitamin C– very potent anti-toxin and has been demonstrated to be highly effective in neutralizing the toxic nature of mercury in all of its chemical forms
- Detox clay baths– boosts the body’s natural skin/sweat detoxification system as it pulls bacteria and viruses from the spine
- Liquid Silica– an essential mineral that binds and removes aluminum from the body
- Chelation Cilantro therapy– Developed right after WWII to treat lead poison, CCT has been found to mobilize mercury and metals from the tissues
- Vitamin D3– protects against microorganism invasion
- Fermented Cold Liver Oil– “Studies show that if you take EPA oil one hour before injecting a very powerful adjuvant called lipopolysaccharide (LPS), it would completely block the ability of the LPS to cause brain inflammation.” (source)
- Elderberry– inhibits enzymes used by viruses to penetrate and infect healthy cells
- Zinc– regulates the cell production in the immune system of the human body
- Chlorella– It’s molecular structure, allows it to bond to metals, chemicals, and some pesticides
- Colloidal silver– suffocates harmful pathogens
- Raw Food, Juices, & Smoothies – the best way to heal the body is to feed it properly
- Probiotics– repair gut flora
- Bone Broth– lines and protects the gut (where over 70% of the immune system is located)
- Detox tea– Supports the liver as it filters toxins
- Massage– stimulating the lymphatic system enhances the body’s natural defense system
- Drinking water- flushes out toxins
Resources for detoxing:
The www.thesnapmom.com site and www.facebook.com/groups/theSnapMomCommunity/are not designed to and does not provide medical advice, professional diagnosis, opinion, treatment or services to you or to any other individual. Through this site and linkages to other sites, www.thesnapmom.com provides general information for educational purposes only. The information provided in this site, or through linkages to other sites, is not a substitute for medical or professional care, and you should not use the information in place of a visit, call consultation or the advice of your physician or other healthcare provider.www.thesnapmom.com is not liable or responsible for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or product you obtain through this site.