And the winner is…
Kimberly McConnell Leonard
Hello Snappers! We are partnering with Angela Wynn, of Wee Sing-A-Long Music Together®, to bring you this really unique giveaway!
What you win:
- $50 off of a semester of classes
- Reusable bag
- 2 tambourines
- Demo CD and reading material about the program
Wee Sing-A-Long Music Together® Mission
Basic Principles of the Music Together Philosophy…
• All children are musical.
• Therefore, all children can achieve basic music competence, which we have defined as the ability to sing in tune and move with accurate rhythm.
• The participation and modeling of parents and caregivers, regardless of their musical ability, is essential to a child’s musical growth.
• This growth is best achieved in a playful, developmentally appropriate, non-performance-oriented learning environment that is musically rich, yet immediately accessible to the child’s (and the adult’s) participation.
• Music learned through developmentally appropriate activities that support and respect the unique learning styles of very young children and “big kids” (5, 6, and 7-year-olds).
• Children participating at their own levels in mixed-age family-style classes, in preschool settings, or independently in Big Kids classes.
• Parents and caregivers contributing to the enrichment of their child’s music environment — regardless of their own musical abilities.
• A new song collection every semester for three years, featuring great arrangements of original and traditional songs in a wide variety of tonalities, meters, and cultural styles.
About the sponsor…
Angela Wynn started her musical career at the age of 6 on the piano, moving on to the violin at age 8 and the viola age at 10. She was classically trained her entire upbringing, even becoming concert master of the Sarasota Youth Orchestra as well as the Pine View Orchestra. She taught herself how to play guitar whilst living in Costa Rica in 2008 and has loved it ever since! Angela has traveled around the world with her violin and guitar and has found that no matter where you are in the world, whether you speak the local dialect or not, music and laughter are the two things that are understood by everyone. Angela has always had a close bond with kids and was in school for Music Education when she got pregnant with her darling little girl in 2011. Since becoming a mother she has changed her course a little bit to be able to stay home with her daughter as much as possible while still also following her dream of bringing music to children’s lives.
Connect with Angela