This all natural remedy has helped to heal our little ones when they were at their sickest! (And helped them to smell like a delicious garlic-knot!)
What is GOOT?
GOOT stands for Garlic Oil Ointment Treatment and is a herbal remedy consisting of unrefined coconut oil, cold-pressed olive oil and organic garlic.
Garlic has been used for hundreds of years to fight infections caused by colds and flu and has been given the name “King” for its ability to help the body to heal naturally. Raw garlic is full of natural agents that help it function as an antibiotic, antiviral, antifungal, antiseptic and a germicide. It is also an antioxidant and a diet rich in raw garlic fights against harmful free radicals. Garlic is also known to be a diuretic helpful in combating water retention and helpful in flushing toxins out of the body. Garlic has the ability to be effective against Candida, parasites, bacteria and viruses when directly applied. In addition, it treats systemic infections by absorption through the skin into the blood supply and travels throughout the body.
- Warm 3 tablespoons of unrefined, virgin Coconut oil in a small pan until melted and warm (don’t heat it too much).
- Add 3 tablespoons of extra virgin, cold-pressed olive oil, and mix well.
- Remove from heat and add 3 tablespoons of freshly chopped organic garlic. Allow garlic to “rest” for at least 3 minutes after chopping and before blending into oil.
- NOTE (warming and heating are optional. All raw is fine too)
- Put mixture in a blender and blend at slow speed, and then at high speed for 2 minutes.
- Strain the mixture to remove chunks of garlic that the blender may have missed.
- NOTE: You may add 1 dropper-full of Oregano Oil (and mix well) and several drops (depending on amount) of GSE (grapefruit seed extract) for extra strength and effectiveness before refrigeration.
- Pour into a wide mouth jar and keep in a refrigerator.
GOOT will turn into a thick soft paste after 1 hour. After two weeks, discard and make a new batch.
- Rubbed into the skin, it transfers raw garlic oil directly into the bloodstream.
- Apply to the feet of children or infants to fight infections.
- Rub on the chest for chest colds and pneumonia.
- Rub into nostrils for sinus infections.
- Apply directly to sores inside the mouth.
- Rub on Athlete’s foot and genital area for jock itch.
- Put the mixture into gelatin capsules to insert into the vagina or rectum, for yeast or other related infections.
- Apply on rashes any where on the body. Good for psoriasis and cold sores.
- Use a cotton swab to apply it to the ears
Courtesy of oasisadvancedwellness.com