Happy World Breastfeeding Week!
WABA announced the slogan and theme for WBW 2014:
BREASTFEEDING: A Winning Goal – For Life!
This year’s WABA World Breastfeeding Week (WBW) theme asserts the importance of increasing and sustaining the protection, promotion and support of breastfeeding – in the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) countdown, and beyond. We call on all celebrants of WBW to Protect, Promote and Support Breastfeeding: it is a vital Life-Saving Goal! (source)
“Who fed me from her gentle breast
And hushed me in her arms to rest,
And on my cheek sweet kisses prest?
My Mother.” ~Anne Taylor
5 Reasons to Breastfeed
- The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends it: “Human milk is the preferred feeding for all infants, including premature and sick newborns… It is recommended that breastfeeding continue for at least the first 12 months, and thereafter for as long as mutually desired.”
- Breastfeeding promotes bonding between mother and baby
- Breastfeeding satisfies baby’s emotional needs
- Breast milk provides perfect infant nutrition
- Breastfeeding reduces a mother’s risk of breast cancer –101 Reasons to Breastfeed
Whitney J & myself have both faced many struggles with nursing our babies and we want to let ALL moms know: whether breastfeeding worked out for you or not; you are still an awesome mom!
Personal note: My 2 year old weaned this week. This is our last drop shot ;(
And here are some beautiful images from our fans!