This recipe is oh so yummy, and incredibly nutritious! These muffins contain Chia Seeds! Chia Seeds are high in fiber, Omega3-fatty acids, antioxidants, and minerals! They also makes you feel full! The combination of protein, fiber and the gelling action of chia seeds when mixed with liquids all contribute to their satiating effects. Lets begin!
Delicious Whole Wheat Chia Seed Muffins
by Whitney J
- 1 1/2cups whole wheat flour (I grind my own in a wonder mill and LOVE IT)
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup flax seed (optional)
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup of raw sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup raw milk (CLICK HERE to watch our raw milk tutorial!)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract (CLICK HERE to watch our DIY Vanilla Extract Episode)
- 1/2 mashed ripe banana
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease bottoms of muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients and stir well.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15-20 min.
- Serve warm!
CLICK HERE for more healthy recipes!
A Perfectly Packaged Gift!