Hello! I’m so excited to share this recipe with you, because it is easy and can save you about $400 a year! It is so very easy to make the switch to cloth wipes even if you want to continue using disposable diapers. Besides saving you money, it also can give you peace of mind that you are not wiping your baby with anything harmful. You would be surprised how many chemicals are in disposable wipes!
I have found it to be easier to have the cloth wipes rolled in the wipes warmer, then pour the solution over them. It makes an ordinary diaper change into a bit of a spa experience. So here we go.
Homemade Cloth Wipes Solution
by Whitney J
What you need:
- Cloth wipes (you can buy or make your own)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5-10 drops of lavender essential oil (lavender is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal)
- Wipes warmer(optional)
- Wet bag (to put your dirty wipes in)
- Mix water, olive oil and essential oil together in a bowl or jar.
- Stir or shake (if using a jar)
- Pour over cloth wipes and enjoy!
If you don’t want to use a warmer, or you want to make this work for the diaper bag, you can keep your solution in a peri-bottle (or any squirt bottle). Then, when it’s time to change the diaper, squirt your wipe with some solution and badda-bing! You’ve got a soft little wet wipe for your babe!
Snap Mom Approved Products:
Bumkins Reusable Flannel Wipes
Lavender Essential Oil