Whitney J’s Homemade Pickles/Giardiniera!
Easy easy easy, oh so crunchy, and delicious! This brine is perfect for pickling all kinds of veggies. This is a great project to include you kids on! My two year old LOVES to help fill the jars with the veggies! Wrap some twine, or ribbon around jar neck, and voila! A perfectly packaged gift! -Whitney J
- Pickling Cucumbers (you can cut into spears, planks, or slice into circles) Veggies (cut up carrots, celery, garlic, onions, green peppers, peppers, cauliflower, ect)
- Sterilized Mason Jars
- Pot (not aluminum, as it is reactive)
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups vinegar
- 12 Tablespoons of Sea Salt (not iodized)
- Pickling spice (optional)
- Boil water, vinegar, and sea salt together in pot until salt dissolves.
- Fill sterilized jars with desired veggies, spices, ect.
- Add brine to jars, cover, and refrigerate for 2-3 weeks (depending on the thickness)