I love juicing! I have been on a journey to find as many creative ways to reuse my juicing pulp as possible. Not only to add that fiber back into our diet, but also to know we are getting our money’s worth for our organic produce. Many people are concerned that by removing the fiber from your diet through juicing you are missing out on the health benefits associated with it, like lowered cholesterol, healthy blood sugar levels and a happy, regular digestive system. So by reusing your pulp you are getting the benefits of both cleansing at the cellular level and later adding in the fiber for overall balance!
Today I was lamenting about not having any bone broth on hand and the thought came to my mind…”Why not use my pulp for veggie broth???” Can you image my joy when I looked it up online and it was a real thing AND super easy to make?!?! This is also a great meat-free option for all of our vegan and vegetarians out there!
Juicing Pulp Broth
By Krystle K
- Juicing Pulp
- Olive Oil
- Filtered Water (ratio: 1 part pulp to 2 parts water)
- Spices (garlic, salt, pepper, etc.)
- Optional: turmeric, onion, ginger, cabbage
- Heat oil in pan with spices
- Add pulp and cook on high for 3-5 minutes
- Add water and bring to a boil
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes
- Strain (I prefer to use cheesecloth) and store in fridge
Order This Now!