Hey hey! Krystle K and I are so excited about this article! She was at my house yesterday, and had the idea for this article after we received a question about what we feed our girls for meals. I asked her if she had her camera, she did, and so we whipped this up! We hope you find this Kids Meal Ideas article helpful! Enjoy!
- Oatmeal: Serve alongside fruit, and sweeten with raw honey for added nutrition.
- Wheat English Muffin Mini Pizza’s: Toast English Muffin, add a slice of tomato and top with scrambled eggs.
- Egg Scramblers: Add chicken or tofu, broccoli or spinach to eggs while scrambling.
- Yogurt and Granola Parfait: Layer Granola, Yogurt, and cut up fruit in a glass to make your kids more interested in eating such a beautiful creation! (top with raw honey and chia seeds)
Whole Wheat Open Faced Sani’s: Top with guacamole and raw sweet potato chips. Serve alongside peanut butter celery, and hard-boiled egg.
Pesto Grilled Cheese: Serve alongside tomato soup. (the pesto will add garlic, which aids the body in fighting off sickness)
- Grilled Chicken: Served alongside kale quinoa, pan seared honey glazed sweet potato fries, and steamed broccoli.
- Easy Asian Din Din: Pan sear tofu in teriyaki sauce until golden brown. Serve alongside veggie stir fry and rice noodles!
- Fish Dinner: Grilled salmon, served alongside kale quinoa and steamed carrots!
- Vegetarian Stroganoff: (click here for recipe) Serve alongside steamed peas.
Tips for getting your kids to eat healthier foods:
- Involve them! From helping at the grocery store, to the preparation! The more kids are involved in the process, the more ownership they feel, increasing the likelihood of them partaking!
- Dip it! If there are certain veggies they won’t eat, re-introduce them with a yummy dip such as guacamole, or even just ranch!
- Be a role model! If your kids see you eating healthy they are more likely to follow suit!
- Top it! If your kids have trouble with sweet potato, carrots, etc, drizzle it with some raw honey and it will go down smoothly!
- Have fun! Be creative in naming dishes, and in the way your arrange the food on their plates!
- Don’t give up! Keep the healthy foods coming, and don’t be discouraged if it takes a few times for your kids to really latch on!
Click here for more Healthy Recipes
Click here for Juicing for KIDS
Don’t forget to LIKE and PIN this article if you have enjoyed it!