Ya learn something new everyday!
by Lindsey Mills | staff writer for The Snap Mom
Mind blown right?? We did everything “right”. Brush twice a day, floss, fluoride(bleh), even see the dentist for cleanings starting at 3. Even so, my 6 year old has a filling, and her dentist just told me she needs 3 more for $700! My researcher’s brain immediately kicked in, and I thought, there has to be a way. After tons of research, I have seen so much conflicting data. Many homeopaths say you can remineralize teeth and heal cavities if your body is given the right tools.
2. Lack of fat soluble vitamins, especially D (A, D, E and K)
3. Too much consumption of Phytic Acid rich foods (unsprouted grains)
4. Too much consumption of processed sugar
Fortify Your Diet
Make sure you are limiting grains and sugar.
Eat lots of the following foods:
- Bone broth, meat, fish, and eggs
- Raw and cooked veggies, especially dark leafy types
- Raw dairy like kefir and grass fed butter
- Lots of vitamin D, get some sunshine in ya!
- Healthy fats like coconut oil, avocado, and fermented cod liver oil
- No nuts, seeds, beans, or grains if at all possible. If it’s been sprouted or fermented, the phytic acid is reduced or removed.
- No processed food at all!!
Here is a DIY powder I made. I was super skeptical that my 6 yr old would use it. I skipped the xylitol, and she still LOVES it. I’m using it too, and I feel my teeth are cleaner and healthier.
DIY Tooth Powder
Mix well, and store in a glass jar. Wet brush and dip in powder. Then brush away! I can’t wait to go back to our dentist in 6 months and have him retake our X-rays! Won’t he be surprised…
Other Articles about Oral Health:
Basic DIY Toothpaste: http://thesnapmom.com/diy-fluoride-free-toothpaste-just-3-ingredients/
Herbal Mouth Wash: http://thesnapmom.com/diy-herbal-mouth-wash/
About the author:
Lindsey is a scrunchy wife and mom to two adorable girls. She is also the salon owner of Southern Roots and works part time doing hair. She loves animals, gardening, and is very involved in her home church.