Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /var/www/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/core/class-vc-mapper.php on line 111
Toddler Chokes On Sophie The Giraffe- A Mothers Terrifying Moment

Toddler Chokes On Sophie The Giraffe- A Mothers Terrifying Moment

Katie Jones, a mom in the UK, took to her Facebook page to share her daughter’s chocking story and it has gone viral. See story below.


“I don’t normally do this. Yet I feel this time it’s really necessary. Having before purchased Sophie the Giraffe for my eldest daughter, I had no worries purchasing another and did so for my now 6 month daughter Paige. However on the 8th July 2015 Paige was happily munching on Sophie. I walked to the kitchen to grab something. On my return I realised she had become quiet and lifeless. When I checked on Paige she was turning blue. Paige had got the whole of one of Sophies legs lodged down her throat. I had to unhook it free and pull out the leg from the back of her throat. I was absolutely terrified. I gave some firm pats on my daughters back and this made her throw up and take a breath. I’ve never felt so terrified in all my life and never in my life could I have foreseen this happening. Poor Paige was too young to remove the leg herself and would of suffocated if I hadn’t of realised. I wish for this post to simply make parents aware of a danger I didn’t think could happen. I’m shocked. Now looking at Sophie I realise how long the legs are and how dangerous this could potentially be to babies who love to chew. Please note my daughter is fine. Yet the memories of it will stay with me forever. Please share this post to forewarn other mums. Don’t leave your child unattended with this teether.”

One commenter on Jones’s post seems to have found the solution: “They now make a mini Sophie teething ring,” she writes. “Made of the exact same rubber. [My son] loves it and there’s nothing to choke on!”