My daughter had been running a high fever with a wet, “chesty” cough for days. I had been treating it naturally and boosting her immune system with probiotics, colloidal silver, bone broth and non-stop nursing (her idea, not mine). When her fever hit 104.5 (I’m not kidding) in the middle of the night, I stripped her clothes off and rubbed Tiger Balm mixed with DoTerra peppermint oil on her feet along with a pair of wet socks. It was down to 102 within 15 minutes. A few hours later she was miserable and again very warm so this time I gave her a dye-free fever reducer. She still didn’t get much sleep but remained in a more “safe” fever zone for the rest of the night. It takes a lot for me to use acetaminophen, but 104.5 and a miserable baby will definitely do it. The following morning I decided to visit our pediatrician to asses what type of infection she may have so that I could treat the infection in a more isolated manor. I was thinking it was possibly RSV, early stages of pneumonia or just a head cold mixed with nasty teething symptoms.Turns out she had an ear infection! Knowing the specific type of infection is really helpful for natural treatment. Luckily I know just the cure for ear infections; Garlic Oil!
Garlic is a powerful, natural antibiotic. When combined with olive oil it may help you avoid multiple doctor’s visits and prevent having to use prescription antibiotics. Many any also claim garlic oil saved their children from needing tubes!
Garlic Oil Ear Drops
- 1 head of fresh raw garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Warm the oil slightly in a pan on the stove on low-medium setting
- Remove from heat and add minced garlic; cover and let it infuse for 15-30 min
- Strain garlic and store oil in airtight container or glass jar. (We prefer the Amber Glass Containers which come with droppers for easy storage and administering the oil)
- Let oil cool completely before using
- Add one drop to finger and lightly coat the outside of the ear and allow 1-2 drops to enter ear canal
- Repeat 1-3x a day
- Store in fridge for 1-2 weeks
*Do not use if you suspect ear drum is perforated. If you do not see an improvement or the pain/infection worsens, we recommend contacting your physician.
Here are the items I was using to treat her fever and cough:
Click here for how to make GOOT