I cannot wait to try this! Have you heard of dry brushing before?
By Mykenzie Johnson | guest writer for The Snap Mom
What is dry brushing?
Dry brushing is simply a way to stimulate your body’s circulation and lymphatic systems. By removing the top layer of dead skin and increasing blood flow, you can expect amazing results after adding this five minute task into your daily routine. An ancient practice, dry brushing is now resurfacing and gaining popularity, both in spas and at home. Fortunately, a brush only costs about $10!
Get your brush here -> Tampico Skin Brush
- Helps stimulate normal lymph flow so the body can detoxify itself naturally (improper lymphatic drainage can lead to a build-up of toxins and waste, which is a major factor in sickness, inflammation and disease)
- Exfoliates, unclogs, softens and removes dry dead skin cells
- Increased energy and stress relief, as it can reduce muscle tension and calm your thoughts, similar to a light body massage
- Reduces the appearance of cellulite
- Improve digestion and kidney function
How to dry brush:
1. Use a firm, natural bristle brush with a handle so you can easily reach the bottoms of your feet and back. (Here’s a great starter brush)
2. Find time, preferably in the morning before showering, to dry brush.
3. Start at your feet and work your way up your legs, towards your heart in long smooth strokes. Use solid pressure, but not to the point where it hurts or leaves your skin raw. Pink skin is good; red is not.
4. You can also brush your stomach, arms, and shoulders. Make sure to keep brushing upwards (towards the heart) on those areas, but avoid open cuts, eczema, psoriasis, varicose veins or your face.
5. When brushing your back, it’s the opposite. Use downward strokes from your neck to your hips.
6. End with your shower to wash off the dead skin cells, and proceed with a natural lotion or coconut oil.
I was definitely a bit skeptical at first, but have thoroughly enjoyed adding this into my daily routine. I actually asked for a dry brush at Christmas, not really knowing much about it. However, in just a few months, I’ve noticed significant reduction in cellulite, plus my skin appears softer and clearer. My favorite part is honestly just being able to take 5-10 minutes for myself and relax. The brush itself can feel a little harsh at first, but once you master the pressure you like, it becomes addicting!